Friday, July 26, 2013

Pics as promised

I didn't get a whole bunch of time this week to stitch. It was slow at work which helped. I managed to get a lot done on the Spring Chair. It's part of a kit from Janlynn of four seasonal chairs. I would post a picture but all the pictures of the finished project are either so tiny or so blurry you cant see. Even the picture on the actual project are tiny. These chairs remind me of Paula Vaughn designs. They are supposed to be one large cross stitch, but I cut the fabric in 4 and plan on sewing them together with fabric to make a nice wall hanging.


Spring Chair 1


Spring Chair 2

I did manage to get some work done on my Bothy Threads Cut Thru SAL. Not as much as I wanted but any stitching is better than no stitching right?


Bothy Threads update #2

When I came home this morning I noticed something odd with Bella

Do I have something on my face?

Either she has a new colorful goatee or she was eating stickers again. She is one weird cat. She is half bengal so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. She loves eating tape, stickers..anything with a glue background. Weirdo.

Freebies: Check out Sullivans Floss . Under the projects tab you will find some nice seasonal charts. Some are even designed by Ursula Michaels! They have conversion charts to DMC as well.



4 comments:

  1. Nice one! I only found your blog yesterday and read your blog entries ... :)
    I'm a knitter (usually), but I know how to cross stitch and have picked it up recently.

    I love what you write and stitch! And your cats. I love cats. :)

    Many greetings from Germany! I've put you blog in my RSS feed, hope that's okay.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia! Thanks for stopping by. Of course it's okay to put my blog in your RSS feed. Glad to see your picking up cross stitching again. I tried to knit once, tried. LOL!

    The nice thing about blogging is getting to know people from all over. Hope all is well in Germany. We finally have had a cool down here in Illinois and the weather today is beautiful. I'm going to go get all my cleaning for the weekend done today so I can stitch the night away. I'll post updates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on all your pieces. I have added your progress pic on the cut thru. Love the picture of your furbaby. What a cute pic.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to stitch the chairs separately. I love the backstitching. Your cut thru design is looking good. I love the pic of your kitty!

    ReplyDelete